Archive for the ‘Food’ Category
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been regarded by many as a miracle ingredient because of the extensive benefits offered vinegar. It contains some of the essential minerals, vitamins, trace elements (copper, iron, silicon, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium) and some important acids such as lactic acid, acetic acid, amino acids and a large number of enzymes. In the form of potassium and apple pectin, a fiber that is good is an essential component of a healthy diet.
The survey also found that pectin is an incredible nutrient that can actually help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. It occurs when the fermented apple juice is first to alcohol (wine production) and then acetic acid (vinegar). The Babylonians are one who first converted wine into vinegar and revered vinegar used for presumed healing qualities. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, naturally fermented cider vinegar, also known as apple cider vinegar organic, contains what is known as the “mother of vinegar.” It seems balloons floating in fibrous.
Helps reduce appetite, is a gentle detoxification agent, absorbs and blocks fat formation, boosts the immune system, supplies amino acids, minerals and vitamins, aids in the metabolism to help burn and metabolize food efficiently. ACV is good for those who want to lose weight, helps break down fat and reduce weight naturally. It is also useful for hypoglycemia (when the body produces too much insulin) and weight loss, as it normalizes blood sugar and insulin production.
Apple cider vinegar shampoo contains a healthy dose of apple cider vinegar contains enzymes that are highly charged and helps prevent dandruff and hair loss. It has long been valued for its mineral content that helps balance the body’s acid / alkalinity levels. He is the king of natural remedies skin that helps keep the scalp and stimulates the skin and pH balance of hair follicles to stimulate healthy hair growth. It is also wonderful for itching and scratching pets and an excellent skin and hair shampoo conditioner.
Apple cider vinegar has been viewed in the popular folklore as a versatile auxiliary health. It is popular as a digestive aid and support healthy weight. Unlike most, organic cider vinegar to be done in the traditional manner, allowing natural fermentation to go for maximum strength without chemicals, preservatives or water.
We constantly see women with emphasis on gaining unwanted pounds, especially after having their babies. The weight is hard to miss with their busy routines and stay in shape, it seems difficult to achieve. Here are some good tips on maintaining a healthy weight and a figure and easy to follow the approach of a healthy life.
Eat as soon as you wake up in the morning. With the long period of fasting, our body craves nutrition. Do not delay with a fruit, a couple of slices of bread, a glass of milk or a snack in hand, as soon as he gets up. Coffee and tea should be avoided and may be taken later, with breakfast.
This benefits the moment the rate of metabolism and help burn calories throughout the day. Make sure you have a good breakfast within two hours of breakfast. So have regular meals every 2 to 3 hours, with small portions. Dinner should be light and preferably had 3 hours before bedtime.
Each meal should have all the essential food groups: proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fat. Do not remove the food group in particular. The much-maligned carbohydrates are essential to maintain your energy and keep your metabolism up, so they are not ashamed of them. “Balance is the key” as many expect of nutritionist education suggested. Do not starve and then compulsively. Feeding your body at regular intervals.
Fitness is a lifestyle. So keep your eating habits and exercise simple and easy to maintain to stay in shape. Health is a major benefit of staying fit. Once you realize that it is easier to be disciplined habits.
The human body is a machine that is in shape, although exercised. Apart from a brisk walk for an hour a day, 5 times a week at least. Trust me, I like so much energy, you want to do this weekend too.
Respect your body and understand your body type. If people in your family has been on the heavier side, it’s likely that you will be similarly inclined. Informed decisions and understand what is feasible for you. Along with these, do some meditation to combat stress. Yes, it seems very simple, but you will reach your goal of weight loss and a fine adjustment. Just remember, you had time to put that weight and you have time to waste, too. However, he loses, you go!
Are you tired of diet tips handed out by someone with apparently unlimited income and time? For some of us, it may just not be practical to spend half of our Sunday preparing carefully portioned meals for the rest of the week, or financially feasible to buy all our meals prepackaged in just the right portions. And there are those of us who cringe at the thought of weighing food to achieve ‘optimal portion sizes’. Here are ten real life diet tips for the rest of us.
1. Eating out? Restaurant portions tend to be enormous, and if it’s on the plate, we tend to eat it. If it’s possible, order from the kid’s menu, where portions are more reasonably sized.
2. Keep healthy snacks around and easily accessible. A bowl of fruit on the kitchen table, a container of celery or carrot sticks in the refrigerator, or a couple of pop-open cans of fruit salad in your desk at work will help you grab for something healthy when those first hunger pains begin. In other words, you’ll be more likely to grab something low-calorie and good for you if it’s easy to eat.
3. Substitute frozen vegetables for canned. Canned veggies tend to be high in sodium, which you don’t need, and low in real nutrition, which you do. Buy economy size bags with zip closures to make it easy to pour out a single serving for a meal.
4. Buy a vegetable steamer. Steaming is one of the healthiest ways to cook vegetables. The food retains nearly all of its natural nutrients instead of leaching it out into the cooking water. Even better, it makes your veggies taste great – which means you’ll be more likely to eat them instead of filling up on fatty foods that pack on weight.
5. Never eat standing up. One of the easiest ways to sabotage your diet is to ‘eat without thinking’. Treat eating with the respect that it deserves. Fix yourself a plate. Sit down and eat properly. You’ll be less likely to just pop food into your mouth without paying attention.
6. Spread your meals out. When you eat three meals a day, your body tends to store whatever it doesn’t need right that moment. By adopting a ‘grazing’ habit, you’ll keep your metabolism working throughout the day. Have a small breakfast, a piece of fruit with crackers or toast at mid-morning, a light lunch and an ‘after school snack’ mid-afternoon. Just remember that you’re breaking up the same amount of food into smaller meals, not ADDING more food into your daily diet.
7. Grab a fruit juice or flavored water instead of soda. Soda is nothing but empty calories. No nutrients, lots of sugar. Instead, grab a bottle of 100% fruit juice, or water flavored with a spritz of fruit.
8. Drink water. Even the FDA recommends at least 8 full 8 ounce glasses of water a day to keep your body working right. When you’re dieting, you should drink even more. It’s not just that full feeling – water helps your body digest foods properly and cleans out your system.
9. Can’t afford a gym membership? Make a pact with friends to exercise together. Make a date at least three times a week to play volleyball, take a walk or spend half an hour doing something active.
10. Skip the potato chips. Fatty snacks fried in hydrogenated oil like potato chips contribute fat and calories and not much else. Instead, grab a handful of dried fruit or a cup of yogurt for the same amount of calories and a lot more nutritional benefit.
My immediate answer is YES, you are eating yourself to death!
I can just hear you all shout “Hold on a second there Richelo! I eat very healthy foods, and I only drink healthy fruit juices. I don’t eat sweets, I only buy low fat and low carb products. I eat healthy, and don’t need to read the rest of this article!” HOLD ON there a moment! You are not eating as healthy as you think! Let me tell you why.
Never in the history of man have we seen more obesity, diseases, syndromes and what not, than we do right now. Is this all thanks to food? No, BUT, a HUGE part is, and if you will indulge me for a short while, I will try my best to explain to you in an easy to understand manner, why this is so.
We live in an instant gratification and microwave society. If it is not quick, easy and now, it is so yesterday. BUT, at what cost?
I can write a whole book about all the “stuff” they put in processed, or so called fast foods, but, I don’t want to bore you to death with all the scientific names and what it does to your body. Let me rather simplify this for you, and say that if it is processed in any way, it is not good for you, and very possibly bad for you!
So, what exactly is processed foods, and why is it so bad for you?
Does it come in a can, sealed box, sealed bag, or is it ready made? If so, it is processed. This is the vast majority of the foods that you get at the grocery store! Have a look the next time you are at the store, and you will see this to be true.
Now on to why it is so bad for you. For this food to last long, have the right color, and not pick up all the bad bacteria associated with keeping food for long, a LONG list of chemicals are added to this food. A lot of these chemicals are known to have very serious negative effects of the human body. To name but a few of these “side” effects: Cancer, High blood pressure, high cholesterol, Numbness, Burning sensation, Tingling, Facial pressure or tightness , Chest pain, Headache, Nausea, Rapid heartbeat , Drowsiness , Weakness and Difficulty breathing for asthmatics .
Now, forget all the “stuff” being added. What about nutritional value? Because of all the processing, there is little, if any, real nutrients left in any any of these foods! Not only that, BUT, the salt levels are WAY above what a human being should be consuming!
What about all these healthy bran cereals? Are they processed? YES. They contain more sugar than anything else! You poor blood sugar levels does not know what to do with all the extra insulin that it gets with just about any fast or processed food!
So, what then is safe and healthy?
Anything that is fresh, not processed, and preferably organic. Plain and simple! YES, that means that nice cup of coffee you are enjoying while reading this is not very good for you!
Have a look at your grocery store. The vast majority of the fresh, non processed foods are around the perimeter of the store, and not in the isles! This makes shopping so much easier!
“BUT, it takes so long to prepare!” The most common complaint I hear! Well, if you plan it properly, you can make all your fresh food in less time than it takes to get all your fast food during the day! Read that again! My wife and I prepare all our meals, for the 2 of us, and our 2 children, in 30 minutes in the morning! All fresh, all healthy, and all ready to eat for the rest of the day!
How much, and how often should you eat? This is also very simple. You should be eating every 2.5 to 3 hours. Before you start screaming at me for telling you to eat so much, remember also that these meals should be much smaller portions of your regular 3 meals a day. This will equate to around 6 meals a day.
What will you be eating? Also quite simple. Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat. YES, fat! You need to eat lean meat, skinless chicken or fish for protein. If you are vegan, there are loads of alternatives. For carbohydrates, you will have fruit and vegetables. For fat, you will have fish, fish oil capsules or flaxseed oil.
That’s IT! Sounds boring? Believe me when I tell you that it is not!
To read many more articles like this one, and to learn more about healthy eating and exercising, please visit my web site at http://www.allaboutfitnessonline.com/. While at the site, also take the time to subscribe to our newsletter, which is published bi-weekly, and includes many more articles just like this one.