Archive for the ‘Beauty’ Category
Everyone knows about sauna treatment. Sauna or steam baths are really great for the skin. They have good effect to beauty your skin. People who go for regular sauna or steam baths believe that, their skin is becoming much more appealing and glowing.
Steam cleared up dirt’s in the skin pores that caused by sweat and skin perspiration. Even now you can enjoy your own steam treatment at the comfort at your home with the affordable and portable steam box available in the market.
But, what about facial sauna? Facial sauna using the method as the sauna treatment but the size of the steam generator is small and very affordable normally cost around $60 per set. Normally is consists of a face-shape-funnel with a steam generator or the heating element located at the bottom.
The funnel is designed to focus the steam to your face. You can control the intensity or the amount of the steam that you would like to be exposed to by controlling the distance of you face to the funnel.
By minimizing the distance, you can get the maximum effect of the steam but it is advisable that this method is used for a moment at a time only. After that, raise your face away for the steamer for awhile. Repeat this procedure as many as you like.
For a deeper cleansing treatment you can add in a few drop of special cleanser such as tea tree oil into the steamer’s water reservoir. It is not only beneficial for the skin, it also good for treating flu and sinuses problems.
Aging of the skin is a natural process by which the collagen and elastin, that keep our skin looking firm and youthful, begin to decline, this results in wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. These factors unfortunately are out of our control, though diet and supplements can slow down the process, but it won’t stop it.
The influences that are within our control are largely environmental such as pollution (eg; smoking) and sun damage. Here are 20 easy ways to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
1. Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
2. Always wear sunscreen whether it’s cloudy or sunny and don’t sunbake.
3. Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
4. Use skin care products that contain antioxidants and AHA’s.
5. Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
6. Reduce stress. (Try reading, exercising, meditating) 15 minutes a day is a good start.
7. Reduce alcohol consumption. Over indulging can put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
8. Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
9. Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
10. Eat fish three times a week. Great for the skin and general health.
11. Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones.
12. Use an eye cream for the delicate skin around the eyes nightly.
13. Facial scrubs remove the build up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this weekly.
14. Use natural skin care products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
15. Jojoba oil resembles the skins natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
16. Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen.
17. Start a good skin care routine in your 20’s. Prevention is easier than the cure.
18. Honey is known worldwide for it’s beneficial abilities. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will “feed” your skin with nutrients.
19. Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skins elasticity.
20. A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them.
Try this when you are watching TV or reading.